4×6 Postcard of South Florida National Parks, Did You Know?
– Roseate Spoonbills breed only in three U.S. states: Florida, Louisiana, and Texas.
– South Florida is the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles exist side by side.
– The average sized West Indian Manatee consumes 30 to 100 pounds of aquatic vegetation per day.
– The Florida panther, Florida's state animal, is one of the most endangered mammals on earth, between 100 to 160 remain in South Florida.
– While sea turtles spend almost all of their time in the water, females come ashore to lay their eggs. They scoop out a hole in the sand, lay their eggs in the hole, then scrape sand over the eggs and return to the sea.