- This event has passed.
Sail, Paddle, Snorkel, and Island Visit
June 27, 2018$149
All day taste of the park with 6 people max, suitable for all ages.
- Sail, Paddle, Snorkel, and Island Visit. Sites determined by the weather.
- Program begins at 10:00am and ends at 4:00pm.
- Relaxing trip for all ages. Getting on and off the boat may require navigating several uneven steps.
- Cost $149, two person minimum; $690 whole boat, six people.
Sail, Paddle, Snorkel, and Island Visit on Full Day Trips
Join us as we explore Biscayne National Park under sail. Full day trips will sail east across the bay for several hours before stopping ashore at Boca Chita or Adams Key. After a lunch break ashore we will anchor in a protected area where you can swim, use our paddle watercraft, or snorkel. Please note: We do not go to the reefs on the Atlantic side for snorkeling, instead we will snorkel in the calm waters within the bay and alongside the fringes of the mangroves.
A library of relevant books are on board including fish, birds and invertebrate identification books. Our boats are rigged with shade, but there are also additional areas where you can relax in the sun. We have drinking water on board along with full marine bathrooms and a fresh water hose.
Rates and Time
Full Day sails start at 10:00 AM and finish at 4:00 PM. The cost is $149 per person with a minimum of 2 people, or $690 for the boat with a maximum of 6 people. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time in order to check in.
Included in the trip price we supply kayaks, paddleboards and snorkeling equipment. Snorkeling gear is available in a limited supply, for the best fit you are welcome to bring your own gear. Life jackets are required and supplied for optional paddling or snorkeling. Please do not bring scuba diving or fishing equipment.
This program is designed for all ages. If the participant is under 8, life jackets are required and supplied when underway.
To best accommodate you and make your trip safe and enjoyable, please make a note in your reservation or privately notify our captain or mate if:
- You have any medical conditions
- You have any back problems
- You are prone to motion/sea sickness
- You are pregnant
- You have any other concerns regarding your safety and health
Please note: If it is determined the trip may not be suitable for you based on the days conditions a full refund will be offered.
Location and Store Hours
- This trip begins and ends at Biscayne National Park headquarters at Convoy Point and is located at 9700 SW 328th Street, Sir Lancelot Jones Way, Homestead, FL 33033.
- Upon arrival, please check-in at our store next to the Dante Fascell Visitor Center.
- The store is open from 8:30 AM-5:00 PM seven days a week during high season (December-April) and 8:30 AM-4:00 PM during the slower season (April-November).
- The Dante Fascell Visitor Center is open 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- Biscayne National Park hours are 7:00 AM- 5:30 PM.
Who We Are
Biscayne National Park Institute is part of The Florida National Parks Association which operates under Congressional authorities as the official private, non-profit partner supporting educational, interpretive, and historical and scientific research responsibilities of Biscayne, Dry Tortugas, and Everglades National Parks and Big Cypress National Preserve. We want to share all the beauty this area has to offer and show how we can be good stewards of the National Park, preserving its unique habitats for generations to come. And most importantly, we can have a blast doing it!